Thursday, March 12, 2015

Charlie’s Top Ten Favorite Films of All Time


My story is probably pretty common. I started watching movies at home with my Dad, watching whatever he wanted. The first film I recall watching with him was The Blues Brothers (1980), matter of fact, that’s the first movie I remember ever watching. That movie has stuck with me my entire life. I still watch it every so often and love showing it people who haven’t seen it. I think we all have that film. You know the one. That one movie that doesn't have the best writing, perhaps the cinematography could have been better, or the acting is a little bit cheesy. But it’s still a movie that gets you excited every time you get to watch it.

The Blues Brothers is that film for me.

With that being said, choosing a list of favorite movies is really hard. For me, that list is in constant flux. There are movies that I love for my own personal reasons (The Blues Brothers), and then there are movies that are well produced that I have a high level of respect for and really enjoy watching. So really, I suppose there are two lists that are constantly evolving and changing in my head. Yet there comes a time where one must buckle down and make some decisions, and that’s what's about to happen. I’ve struggled with the order and what movies should be on a list of this sort, but I shall toil no longer! I present you with…..

Charlie’s Top Ten Favorite Films of All Time 
(at this exact moment in time anyway)

#10 DIE HARD: WITH A VENGEANCE (1995)
#9 PULP FICTION (1994)
#8 DIE HARD (1988)
#7 CABIN IN THE WOODS (2012)
#6 THE BIRD WITH THE CRYSTAL PLUMAGE (1970)
#5 STAR WARS: A NEW HOPE (1977)
#4 RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK (1981)
#3 BIRDMAN (2014)
#2 THE BLUES BROTHERS (1980)
#1 FIGHT CLUB (1999)

This list was really difficult to produce. Not all of these movies had a profound effect on the way I view cinema, but they are, indeed, movies that I cannot turn off and that I love. Please take special note of two movies from the Die Hard franchise making it onto this list. As you may find out in a later article about franchises - Die Hard is, unquestionably, my favorite movie franchise. What you see is not a mistake! And I promise I'll explain myself.. eventually. 

If you were to ask me tomorrow about this list, I can almost guarantee that the order may change or even the movies maybe different. But as of writing, this is it. My favorites. Have you seen any of them? Do you agree? Disagree? Question my sanity? Leave it in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment